July 8, 2012

Explanation *non-excuse*

Ok, so yes it has been forever since I have posted, but here is why.  It's pretty simple... I've been busy.  With what?  Well, I could tell you, but that might turn into a post and I don't really have time for that right now.  Alright, alright, a short list.

1. Spending time with friends from the other side of the country.  Which btw they leave for tomorrow. (Sorry to see them go, but glad that they'll be back before too long!)

2. Getting a job.  I turned in my application Thursday, and Friday morning I was hired.  That was probably due to my inside sources, but I have a job that I will start training for when I get back from #3.

3. Thinking about and planning for my family's vacation which is rapidly approaching.  We leave Friday!!!  I'm sure you will get a number of posts from that.

4. Trying to read A Tale of Two Cities.  I have not tried very hard, but I am hoping to do so soon.


5. Practicing the Sonata that I assigned myself while out of lessons for the summer.  My teacher is currently in Korea.  That isn't very conducive to taking lessons.  Just sayin'.

6. Arranging a simple score I heard on a movie I watched recently.  James Newton Howard.  Need I say more?

7. Eagerly anticipating The Dark Knight Rises... yes this takes time.  And it promises to be SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!!!

8. Celebrating Birthdays and Holidays.  We had another birthday.  Caitlin turned 21 on July 3rd.  That's a big birthday!  And, of course, the 4th of July.  I wanted to do a post on that but, well, I don't exactly have time to explain, so maybe at some point I'll do a post about not posting about the 4th.  Man, doesn't that sound exciting... so on second thought, I may let that one fall aside into the depths of the dark land filled with the mists of the "forgotten posts."  Moving on...

9. Meeting the youth pastor candidate at our church. He was here today for the first public time.  He preached for us and tonight had a q and a session.  I met he and his wife the first time they came, but got to talk some more with them today and enjoyed that. Who knows, maybe they'll be the right fit.

10. Talking to friends who will be starting a local missions week here with our church.  I'd be doing it too, (I did last year... it's called scatter) even though I'm not in youth - it's opened to college age students as well and honestly the whole church gets involved.  It's not just an even exclusive to youth, etc. etc.  Our church isn't really like that - except that my parents thought we would need the time to get ready for our trip.

So anyway... I am going to bed, but hope to do a semi-interesting post soonish!
~ A Song of Joy

Oh, and welcome to Amanda from In the Library!

No comments:

Post a Comment