July 23, 2012

Rising from a Dark Night


      I arose late from what was a dark night for me, or should I say, a dark "Knight."  My family arrived back home from our trip to Colorado last night around 7:30pm and I was determined to see The Dark Knight Rises... if I could pull it off.  A ten day vacation?  Pshaw... That's NO good reason to keep me from going on opening weekend.  We had to try and unpacked as much as possible and clean out the van first, then of course, we had to finish watching The Dark Knight with my little sister bBj for her first time so that she would be ready to go with us.  It was a good refresher for me as I have only seen it once and there was much I did not remember well.  But as if The Dark Knight was not good enough, there was The Dark Knight Rises!!!!!  Honestly, I do not even really know what to say about it.  I sat in the theater and was wowed.  It was definitely the best theater experience I have ever had and it will be exceedingly hard to top.  The story was completed perfectly.  Nothing was held back, as Nolan (who is A-MAZING!) has said multiple times of his own works.  The themes were expounded on and brought to conclusions in a wonderful and emotional way.  The acting was excellent.  I think Michael Cain (or Joseph Gordon-Levitt) should get best supporting actor for their work in this movie!  Unbelievable!  The music was great, as I expected, and the filming, well, I think I'm just repeating myself here.  Everything was great.  Bane was believable and though a very different bad guy than the joker, filled the part well.  Anne Hathaway also did a good job with her part and earned sympathy as a character easy to relate to. (because she was poor, her views on the events could be well understood) I know my sister has a MAJOR celebrity crush on Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but let me just say he was the best!  Ok, ok, best... well, someone you could root for at all times with a great role and an extremely well written one at that!  The movie was EPIC!  And I do not use that term lightly.  What more can I say?  I was surprised at all the people who were not in the theater with me... I mean, everyone should be watching that movie!  If you haven't seen the trilogy, GO WATCH IT NOW!  Can I make myself any clearer?  Ahhhhhhhhh............ :)  I will definitely go see it at least two more times... it was that good.  And for my friends accustomed to saying this,

"it was SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!"

No really, The Dark Knight Rises... = FANTASTIC!


~ A Song of Joy

2 comments: