July 23, 2012

More Than I Knew Waiting on Me

This was waiting for me when I arrived back in my hometown... I ordered it before I left and it didn't quite make it in time for vacation, so all week I thought about it sitting on our front porch, well, actually, my Grandmommy brought it in for me since we were gone.

Ok, so here is the part where you get to be excited with me!

 
(Michael Buble and The Wailin' Jennys both of which I have already listened to!)

They may not be the best pics, but still... Folk, and Jazz
Gotta love...

But these were not the only things waiting on me. My bed was waiting on me, The Dark Knight Rises was waiting on me, you/my blog was definitely waiting on me, and oh yeah, today a ton of things were waiting on me.

I was about to call someone I am going to start training with at Chick-fil-a (where I was recently hired) about setting up a time to train when I realized that I had already agreed to do childcare for a local conference. I say realized, but it was more like a *panic moment* that I had forgotten. I rushed over to my desk and yanked out the papers only to realize that today's date, yes, TODAY'S date was on there! 
 
Thankfully though, I only had to go by and pick up some stuff, but still, I only had twenty minutes left, so there I was, the day after vacation in bum-around-clothes, no make-up, unshowered person that I was, having to rush out the door for a job I had forgotten about.  So, that too was waiting on me. After that, I started looking at the hours I was supposed to work, and it was not just wed, thurs, and fri, as I had thought, but tue as well which meant I had to cancel my other job for tomorrow.

So I spent a while rescheduling my non-busy week.  I must have been disillusioned to think I might have a week off of most things to meet with friends and get caught up on my practicing before my real job started.  I'm gasping for air! But at least there is more oxygen here than in CO! Way more humidity yes, but oxygen as well, which I am thankful for!
 
As to other things waiting on me, I think I am waiting on me if that makes any sense! I am still waiting on myself to figure out the rest of my life, or at least the next stage, so in a way, I am waiting on myself too! 
 
 My piano was waiting on me, and oh, I was so very glad to be able to play even if it was for just a few minutes.

My friends are waiting on me still, and I hope to see them before long!

My state was waiting on me. I love my state and am glad to be back. All the ones we traveled through were neat and beautiful in their own way, but this is home!

Ok so now, the shower is waiting on me, then my bed! Colorado pictures hopefully coming soon!

~ A Song of Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment