May 17, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

(um-bum-bum, um-bum-bum - *with music notes floating around*)

I just love The Sound of Music, both the movie and the actual sound of music playing!  Which brings me to a few of my current favorite things... just a few.

1. I love the piano duet Abby and I are working on.  It promises to be AMAZING!!!  If you can come to my recital, you should... it's Saturday and we are both pumped to be doing our first two piano duet together!

2. I love the new outfit I bought the other day.  I may be wearing it to my recital... I'll have to think on that one, but if I do then I'll try to post a pic.

3. I love classic children's books, especially The Five Little Peppers.  I just finished it and it brought back such great memories from the first time I read it.  A great healthy/wholesome story with tons of classic charm!

4. I love occasional bursts of random-tivity!  Such as putting on this list the random fact that I love a freshly vacuumed floor!  Can I be blamed for finding great enjoyment in seeing the carpet standing up without any marks in it? (ahh... yes, I'm the kind of person who will try to step in my own footsteps to avoid marring the floor for as long as is moderately convenient, but whatever!)

5. I love singing at the top of my lungs - with or without others.  I'm so glad I have sisters that also share in this pleasure!  Which reminds me of doing so this afternoon with my big sis and also reminds me of the lyrics to a song I was just listening to...

Love the harmonies!!!  And sorry about the glitch in the sound... it was still the best one I could find.


I guess I'll wrap up with that, but thanks to "Books, Fashion, and Tea" for inspiring me to do a list! :-)
(Love your lists btw!)

~ A Song of Joy

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked my idea! But actually, I got it from someone else now that I think of it:) Hope your recital goes well. Mine is the day after yours:) Yes! Do post a picture of your outfit! And yes, The Five Little Peppers is wonderful. I love that book!
    I can't wait till you come to visit me!!!! Super excited:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great ideas get around! :)
    As to the other, SO PUMPED! Yes! Yes! We need to start planning!
    ~ A Song of Joy

    ReplyDelete