May 30, 2012

Books, Books!



  Library Books... I figured I'd better be ready to talk Dickens with a certain someone!  So I went to the library and decided to start with these.  I have only read Oliver Twist and A Christmas Carol so, Dickens here I come!

I am greatly anticipating them and hopefully they will make the plane ride and layovers speed by... although, I never seem to have problems enjoying flights... If we are next to a window then I probably won't read a word. Just a warning!


And now for some books I have recently acquired!

Caleb found a used set just like this while he was on his trip.
I just love used book stores and I can't wait to read these!
These are different then my other copies because they have extra notes
and versions of sections that Tolkien did not put in the finished draft.
I think these were compiled by his son, Christopher Tolkien.
I'm very excited to add this set to my personal library!

One last picture.
 
The Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe
I have had this book a while, but was reading some more in it yesterday.
Because the stories are short I can read a couple and then pick it back up at a later date.
Well, written literature, but I can certainly tell that Poe had a disturbing life...
it comes out in his writing!

Anyway, there ya go!
I need to get busy on other things.

Here's another couple verses in Psalms I've been thinking on lately.

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!"
Psalm 84:11-12

(The italics were mine because that is the specific part I have been thinking about.  Also none of the pictures were mine, but I chose them because they look just like the books I currently have.)

~ A Song of Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment