October 5, 2012

A Piece of the Past


So, I have a sinus infection. Yeah... not fun. I've been in bed a lot and have missed all week at work! I didn't get to sleep until after 4am last night and I slept most of today. But what I wanted to tell you has to do with something I thought about while laying awake last night.

For some strange reason I got the song, "Hush Little Baby Don't Say A Word" (one on an old cassette tape I used to listen to before bed) going through my head. I was not able to remember all the words. I only ever half listened to it anyway. So for a while I grasped at bits and pieces, splicing them together at random until I threw up my mental hands. Immediately following that action, however, came a genius revelation; "I should just make up my own rhymes!" It couldn't be that hard, I thought. The pattern was simple enough, and so I rested filling my mind with ridiculous half rhyming nonsense. I did eventually drift off, but I must say that all throughout my day I have had that lady's voice constantly running, somewhere underneath the ever flowing current of events and thoughts, filling my sub-conscience with farmyard creatures and tragically broken items.

Funny what a piece of childhood can do when it pops up years later...
And all that was without a fever too!!

It is rather traumatic for a children's song if you ask me!

Anyway, I hope your day is NOT filled with all the horrible things that happen in that song.

~ A Song of Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment