October 21, 2012

Song for Sunday

Hello to all! I am sorry about the scarcity of my posts of late. I could not believe it had been so long since my last post. I guess the first reason I was so surprised was because I have worked on several posts that have not, as of yet, seen the light! And also because, well, time flies! I am finding myself awestruck that October is well underway and will very shortly be over. That may be just me that feels this way, but after spending an entire week in bed and the next two weeks recovering from sickness, well, time has seemed to escape. I feel like those weeks should still be mine to live and experience, which leads me to something I will just mention in passing. Honestly, that feeling shows how possessive I tend to be about time. I am not promised another day, and what I do have is not to be used just for me.

God is... ALWAYS in control.
He is NEVER changing.

He holds time. He controls sickness and health, and who am I to think I should or shouldn't be sick, or should or shouldn't have more time.

Ok, passing thought. I did not get on here to write about that, just thought it was worth putting down.

So, really, I wanted to share some music with you this week.
What is life without music anyway?

Or in the words of Lumiere,
"What is dinner without a little... music?!"

So, here is the first piece for you.

This is My Word by Pepper Choplin

This particular video is of an arrangement of this piece, but the words are on the screen. If you want to hear the original, I am sure you can find it on youtube somewhere as well!


"And the Word of my mouth, it shall not return empty, 
it will bless the earth wherever it is heard, this is my Word."

"And you shall go out in JOY and be led forth in peace,
and the hills will break before you into song,
so be faithful, brave, and true, and I will go before you,
and when your earthly journey here is done,
I'll say well done."

~ A Song of Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment