April 9, 2012

He is Risen!!!

     What a blessed Easter!  Two highlights from today were singing the Hallelujah Chorus and playing Handbells.  For the past several years I have played the Hallelujah Chorus on my flute in the orchestra.  Of course I like that, but I must admit that singing is (always) better!  About a month ago, I decided that we needed to do bells for Easter.  My family all talks about the need for bells from time to time and so I thought it was time we did something about it.  We have seven ringers (two of which were totally new) in our family.  Plenty to do a handbell piece... right?  Well, almost.  We had to add one more ringer, a good friend of ours, but we also added a couple bells, so we had over three octaves for eight people.  I would say that was pretty good!  I just loved having them out and the piece, Lamb of God, came off nicely.  Sure we could've used another practice, but all in all it was good.  Many people at our church were pleased to see/hear them again, so that was certainly encouraging.  I wish I had a pic, but I had my hands full. (nuak nuak ((which btw is a laugh of sorts to draw attention to the clever phrase which is not that very clever... ok, I think it's getting late)) ) So I'll let you imagine.  But I did get a couple pics of our family after the service... however..... you'll have to wait for those as well since they are on my mom's camera.  Another highlight was seeing several of my good friends obey the Lord by being baptized.  Emma and Alyssa, I love you both and am so happy for you!  It takes courage to stand in front of the whole church and do what you did and you each articulated the gospel very clearly in your testimonies!  It encouraged me to see y'all up there!

So, since it is late, I think I'm gonna close, but I will try to do a good post soon when it is not the end of the day!

~ A Song of Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment